1. Take more naps. There is NOTHING wrong with sleeping more than the average bear. If, during your waking hours you consume more caffeine than you ever thought would be humanly possible. I have experimented with this method and found that I can be more productive with the sleep/caffeine method than on days when I tried the lack of sleep/no liquid life method. So sleep. Moving on.
2. Eat more chocolate. Really, why deny yourself whats good in life. I need motivation to do even the simplest of tasks, and chocolate is that motivation. Motivate yourself!
3. Feel better. You know how you have been living with that one little nagging problem, moving day to day, not feeling anything. Go get it fixed. Life is better living with pharmaceuticals. If you have an issue, just admit it. I know it becomes that scary reality when you actually let yourself realize that you aren't perfect, but don't worry. Nobody is perfect. So check with yourself. If you don't feel good, investigate the problem. And you will feel BETTER.
4. Don't WORRY. If you know me, you know I'm preaching to the choir here. This is something I have always always let control my life, and this year I am going to try to change that, and so should you. Here is my philosophy: It is what it is. The end. Yes, I can do my best. But your best is all you can do. It might not change the immediate outcome of the situation and you might just have to live with that. So just do your best and let the cards fall where they may. I have to tell myself this every morning. There is a sticky note by my bed. Remind yourself in every situation to chill out. Stressing is unattractive. It makes you fat. So don't do it.
5. Just live. I am making it my goal this year to just live. I am always thinking so far forward that I miss the day that I am in. Yes, I know my first goal is to sleep half the day away, but when I am awake I promise you that I will try to just live. I want to be happy this year, I don't want to have regrets. I want to live and learn, to finally act my age. Don't worry, I'm not going to do anything rash here. I just want to let loose, to relax and enjoy myself. I am tired of being uptight. It's not making me any friends. I want to make friends.
So this is my real 2011 challenge list. I'm challenging you to make your own list too. Put some easy and some hard goals, indulge yourself but take something away. Push yourself, get out of your comfort zone. That's my goal. And I promise you it won't be easy, I kind of panic every day but I remind myself to just live, let the cards fall like they are supposed to and that in an hour and a half, I can go take a nap.