Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ebonics r lyk 4 sukrs and 3 rsons Y u shld NVR...procrastinate?

OKAY...there is a serious problem sweeping this glorious nations' youth today. That problem would be the lack of the gift of spelling. How have I observed this? Well, none other than the best invention EVER! Facebook. SO...the little life lesson in todays blog post is: STOP DEVELOPING SENTENCES LIKE YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN TO SCHOOL. Whew, I am glad I got that out. The reason why I am saying this? Employers check social networking sites. It is proven. Nobody wants to hire the girl who..."lyk hd tha wrst day evaaa in clss...bt juss LOVE ma boooo;D" haha! I couldn't even type that with a straight face.
 Also, COLLEGES, which are possibly the most important institution to be accepted into are NOT going to take you seriously when you are in all AP classes, captain of the chess club, student council president, and "juss sooo pisssed at hym...gona mke hym sooo maaaad lata>(..." hahahaha They are going to LAUGH when you apply for the President's Scholarship. I mean do you turn in term papers like this? I wonder if your spell check self implodes every time you activate it? HA! If I had to edit a paper like that, I think I would just give it back. Or shred it. Seriously you guys, use contractions, Capitalize, and don't leave out the poor vowels! They like you! I promise!

Something I have learned this week, would be the art of procrastination. It NEVER works out like you think it will. How do I know this? 40 jumps in cheer. 40!!! Oh, and did I mention the basketball team was present?! Yeah, that was bad. Here's the short version of the story:I had a FANTASTIC fall break with the family. It was so fantastic in fact that I forgot ALL about practicing the sideline dances for cheer. The outcome as you know, was tragic. So! Here are the three thoughts for the week:

1) DON'T type like a doofus! Seriously, people will laugh in your face, or rather the screens face. But regardless, you WILL be laughed at. 

2) You seriously should refrain from procrastination. It leads to sore muscles, falling on to the toilet seat(rather than sitting), and a lack of organization and nobody likes that.

3) Don't forget to PRAY! Sometimes things get so crazy that I forget to rely on God. We need Him the most when things get cray cray!!

You're Welcome.
Jordan

No comments:

Post a Comment